Thank you to everyone for their generous donations to our fellow New Yorkers without power. The New York City Food Truck Association is using funds raised by through our indiegogo fundraiser to send a truck to serve hot meals in areas of NYC that were devastated by Sandy. With the $27,646 raised so far, we’ve been able to get 4,300 hot meals delivered out to 6 locations by 8 trucks where they are needed most in less than 24 hours. I’m sort of impressed just reading that… I hope you are too. If you want to donate hot meals to those in need for Tuesday, please hold tight. We are currently in the process of setting up a new fundraiser on indiegogo to raise funds for outreach tomorrow.
· Phil’s Steaks – Beach 50th and Beach Channel Drive (12pm-4pm)
· Morris Grilled Cheese – Beach 50th and Beach Channel Drive (12pm-4pm)
· Mike & Willie’s – Cross Bay Parkway and B94 (12pm-4pm)
· Milk Truck – Beach 129th & Rockaway Beach Blvd (12pm-4pm)
· Chinese Mirch – Beach 129th & Rockaway Beach Blvd (12pm-4pm)
Other trucks out serving the community are…
· Cupcake Crew – Redhook (donating their cupcakes & meals from the National Guard)
· Rickshaw – Broad Channel 209 Cross Bay Boulevard (sponsored by UBS)
· Sweetery – Staten Island (sponsored by Chase)
For more updates please follow @NYCFoodTruck on twitter.
If you’re in need of help or want to volunteer:
We’ve also heard amazing requests from you on how much you want to help donate your time or resources to the effort. We’re humbled by the caring and concern of the NYC community for those in need, but also understand from our partners that there’s more to an organized relief effort than donation of time and supplies. We’d encourage those that want to lend a hand to look into the below groups and work with existing organizations to have the greatest impact.
Time Out New York’s “How to Help Out After Sandy”
American Red Cross
New York Cares
New Jersey’s Volunteer Emergency Response
Community Emergency Response Teams
The Humane Society
American Humane Association