In total, we have served approximately 120,000 free meals since Super Storm Sandy hit. We continue to thank all who have made this possible, especially the NYC Mayor’s Fund to Advance New York City. We continue serving today thanks to our partnership with them and the Film Food Festival, our corporate sponsors, and with contributions made to our indiegogo fundraiser by people around the world.
Today, the following food trucks will be in:
· Big D’s Grub: Gerritsen Beach Fire Dept, 52 Seba Ave.
· Gorilla Cheese NYC: Our Lady of Solace Church: Mermaid Avenue & 19th St.
· Mudtruck: Coffey Park, 85 Richards Street
· Palenque: Our Lady of Solace Church: Mermaid Avenue & 19th Street
· Solber Pupusas: Coney Island Ave & Brightwater Ct.
· The Treats Truck: 2828 Neptune Avenue
· Eddie’s Pizza: Coffey Park: 85 Richards Street
· Valducci’s: Coney Island Ave & Brightwater Court. Sponsored by Liberty Mutual.
· Trusty Truck: Christ Community Church : Rockaway Pt Blvd & 208 St. Sponsored by Liberty Mutual.
· Tribeca Taco: American Legion Hall, 209 Cross Bay Boulevard, Broad Channel. Sponsored by Liberty Mutual.
· Wafels & Dinges: Beach 25th & Seagirt. Sponsored by Liberty Mutual.
· Toum: St. Francis de Sales, Rockaway Beach Boulevard at Beach 129th Street
· Takumi Taco Cart: Beach 49th Street and Beach Channel Drive
· Seoul Food NYC: St. Francis de Sales, Rockaway Beach Boulevard & Beach 129th St.
· Rickshaw Dumplings: St. Helen’s Roman Catholic Church: 83rd Street & 157th Ave.
· Now Eat This Truck: Beach 25th & Seagirt
· Gorilla Cheese NYC– Redfern Houses Community Center: Hassock Street & Beach Channel Dr.
· Now Eat This Truck–
· Mexicue: 129th & Rockaway Beach Blvd
· Fishing Shrimp: Redfern Houses Community Center, Hassock Street & Beach Channel Dr.
· Mexico Blvd.: Rockaway Beach Blvd & Beach 123 Street
· Nuchas Empanadas: Kate’s Market at Hillside Ave., Roxbury
· Domo Taco: Kate’s Market at Hillside Ave., Roxbury
· Cupcake Crew NYC: American Legion Hall, 209 Cross Bay Boulevard, Broad Channel
· Coolhaus: Redfern Houses Community Center: Hassock Street and Beach Channel Dr.
· Chinese Mirch: Christ Community Church : Rockaway Pt Blvd and 208 St.
· Bian Dang: Kate’s Market at Hillside Ave. Roxbury
Note: Sometimes the trucks have to change locations. Please click their name on this page, follow @NYCFoodTruck on Twitter, or subscribe to this Twitter List for the most up-to-date details on all Outreach Relief trucks.
If you’re in need of help or want to volunteer:
We’ve also heard amazing requests from you on how much you want to help donate your time or resources to the effort. We’re humbled by the caring and concern of the NYC community for those in need, but also understand from our partners that there’s more to an organized relief effort than donation of time and supplies. We’d encourage those that want to lend a hand to look into the below groups and work with existing organizations to have the greatest impact.
Time Out New York’s “How to Help Out After Sandy”
American Red Cross
New York Cares
New Jersey’s Volunteer Emergency Response
Community Emergency Response Teams
The Humane Society